Posts by GlobalZero

Hallo,

Mich interessiert auch der Kupplungstausch von amerikanischer Hi-Rail-Kupplung zu Lenz-typischer Kupplung.

Aber ich brauche auch eine Ausbaubeschreibung, damit kein Schaden passiert.

Ich habe auch alte MTH Railion TRAXX und ÖBB Taurus fuer den aufwändigen Kupplungsumbau.

Gruss,

Johannis

Hi everyone,

It's long time I haven't posted anything here, so I figured I drop a short message.

Below you can see a part of my creation with integrated fuel tanks, oil tanks and pressure tanks to be mounted under the frame of a long 6-axled Alco Century C-628. Additional holes can be drilled for the piping. Each railroad had a slightly different variation of tank details, therefore I designed the most usual one. Keep in mind, that Lionel, Williams and MTH made die cast metal frames with integrated tanks, which makes it difficult to separate the tanks from the frame. Probably Weaver and Atlas O models could be easier to modify.

Enjoy your summer holidays,

Johannis

Hello everybody,

Here is a short hood locomotive for a small modular O gauge layout with Mediterranean landscape and simple switching possibilities.

This locomotive type exists in Spain known as RENFE 10800 or privatized TESCA/ADIF 308 in different painting variations.

A modified version exists also in Greece known as OSE A.221...A.230 in two painting variations for switching, regional rail traffic and tourist excursions..

Regards,

Johannis

Hello everybody,

Last weekend I attended a local event inside and around the nearest railway museum.

Inside the museum I presented the model prototype in O scale and outside operated the real beast with vintage coaches for tourist excursions.

Regards,

Johannis

Hello everybody,

Here is a heavy 6-axled Alco export locomotive with or without rear cab easily to be converted and decorated for various overseas and Commonwealth railways on many continents, such as Europe (Spain, Greece), South-America (Argentina, Brazil), Asia (Pakistan, India) and Oceania (Australia). Below are displayed both endcabs with their pilots/skirts, but no cow catchers. The bodyshell has been split in smaller pieces to fit easily on a 200x200mm sized plate of a 3D printer. Some pieces have to be printed upside-down or vertically in order to have sufficient contact on the printer plate. All pieces can be rescaled between 1/48 or 1/45 or 1/43.5 depending on the local scale standard.

Regards,

Johannis

einfach mal machen

Auch eine zusätzliche Halle fuer "nur" zwei Tage anmieten, wuerde fuer den Veranstalter mehr kosten, was sich zu erhöhten Eintrittspreisen auf die Besucher auswirken wuerde. Aber es wuerde mehr kosten, wenn die bisherigen vier Hallen ueber einen dritten Tag angemietet wären. Jeder hat seine physische und finanzielle Schmerzgrenze, ob Veranstalter, Aussteller oder Besucher.

Johannis

Hi Johannis,

I dont understand your intension. You need a hint what to create next?

How about CC72000 of SNCF or Série 1200 of NS in different variants or DD 51 of JR with 1000mm narrow Gauge or BR 118 of DB or BR 624 of DB still never build. There ist so much ...

Hi Olli,

As a quick-and-dirty solution for the NS 1200 could be to download the STL file from Thingiverse and resize it up to 267%.

Alternatively you could reprogram the downloaded openSCAD files.

Then you could modify its roof by removing the excess parts and reshape its nose.

Finally add pantographs, roof wiring, all Dutch-specific details, motorization,etc.

Regards,

Johannis

Hello everybody,

This Swedish SJ Rc6 (a derivative from Rc3/4/5) similar to the Austrian OeBB-1043 can be downloaded from Thingiverse.

It can be rescaled to exact 1:45 and modified in that way suitable for ex-JZ-441, SZ-441, HZ-1141, ZS-441, TENT-441, MZ-441, CFR-44, TCDD-E52500, etc.

Here are the recommended modification steps:

1. facially reshape the headlight and add evtl. triple-classification/collision lights.

2. remove the corrugation from both sidewalls and smoothen their surfaces.

3. on the roof adjust the wiring, possibly replace the pantographs and add air conditioning above each cabine.

4. find the optimal motorization for one or for both bogies.

5. cab interior, DCC-equipment, sound, etc.

It should be quick and easy with the right CAD tool and a good slicer software.

Regards,

Johannis

Fazit: Samstag und jetzt auch den Sonntag von den Öffnungszeiten intensiv nutzen und lieber eher noch eine Halle hinzubuchen. Auf keinen Fall angesichts des Durchschnittsalters und des Austauschbedürfnisses vieler Großbahner in der Szene Sitz- und Ruheecken reduzieren, wie es hier jemand nach Messe unverständlich mal gefordert hatte.

Tja, wenn man nach Lösungen sucht, muessen eben alle (un-)möglichen Vorschläge und Optionen auf dem Tisch zum Ausdiskutieren und zum Auswerten. Da wird nix gefordert, nur vorgeschlagen, egal wie absurd oder unverständlich. Ob mehr Ausstellungsfläche oder ob mehr Messehallen oder ob mehr Messetage oder...oder...oder..., letztendlich entscheidet der hauptverantwortliche Veranstalter.

Gruss,

Johannis

Hi Klaus,

Occasionally I was riding on the Finnish railbus named "Lättähattu" of the Swedish Yd-type counterpart with snowplows below the bumpers. If I remember correctly there are three variations, one for passengers, one for conductor/baggage and maybe one for freight/mail.

The other one may be Italian FIAT Ferroviaria aotomotrici, suitable for Om scale.

I have to investigate first and then come back later concerning those vintage railcars/railbusses.

Regards,

Johannis

If I remember correctly, someone has already designed it for O scale and it was presented in another topic. Please, follow the below links...

Johannis

Small correction:

Foreign railcars yes, but unfortunately no steam at all, because they require machining tools with micrometric tolerances, lathe, milling, brass brazing. etc., which I cannot provide with.

Johannis

Hi Chris,

The ex-JZ locos are already planned, so, wait and see. I have travelled many times the route Jesenice-Ljubljana-Zagreb-Beograd-Nis-Skopje-Gevgelija during the Tito era and have tasted the sweet smell of heavy diesel smoke. Few of the locos (like the GM G16) would fit also to the Spanish RENFE.

Regards,

Johannis

Thanks, Klaus, for your interesting photos and for your proposals.

The Bo'-Bo'-Bo' electric of Japanese design with angular shape will be definitely one of my future projects.

The bodyshells of the long hood diesels are also easy to be built on top of MTH SD40-2/SD45/SD50 frames with drive mechanism.

Modelling for the Southern Balkans and for Asia Minor is always fascinating, since I was frequently travelling by InterRail on the Orient express route during 1980ies when I was a young student.

I will look first into my TCDD-related folder of my archive and then continue this discussion.

Regards,

Johannis

Hi Johannis,

I dont understand your intension. You need a hint what to create next?

How about CC72000 of SNCF or Série 1200 of NS in different variants or DD 51 of JR with 1000mm narrow Gauge or BR 118 of DB or BR 624 of DB still never build. There ist so much ...

Hi Olli,

No dramatic intention behind my post. I just wanted to reactivate the discussion concerning projects of non-German interest.

Usually I am fully booked with my own queued projects, but on request with convincing arguments some exceptions can be done. Currently I am working on a Swiss gas-turbine loco.

The French SNCF/FRET CC 72000 should be asked from Circle du Zero. There should exist already a powered brass model. From this model could be derived also the Portuguese CP class 1900.

The shape of the Dutch NS class 1200 should be roughly similar to its Amtrak counterpart. I have to dig in my archive for this STL file.

The Japanese center-cab loco JNR DD 51 exists already as a static plastic kit. I can search for the manufacturer in case of serious interest.

About the DB/DR E18/BR118 or the OeBB BR1018 and the DB BR 624 you should address your wishlist to a German-speaking topic. Probably Lenz who owns sufficient resources and budget would be the most potential manufacturer to put your proposals on high priority.

Regards,

Johannis