North-American 2-rail O scale locomotive models

• Hi guys,

FYI, in this thread soon I will present few of my own overseas projects, such as White Pass & Yukon GE 90, Chicago&NorthWestern 5000A, Milwaukee 5900 and few other rare engines in 1:48 scale.

Regards,

Johannis

• Hi everybody,

Here is briefly an overview of an On3 scale project I did some time ago, which is the so called "Shovelnose" (White Pass & Yukon GE 90), to be fitted with Kadee couplers on a 6-axled chassis. The hollow fuel tank and the truckframes are separate parts to be attached. I designed the original bodyshell with less lights at the nose, because the re-built version had few modifications.

Regards,

Johannis

• Hi everybody,

Here is another rare long A-unit of my design under construction and it is a vintage unit type (an engine with integrated baggage/U.S.Mail compartment), which was in operation as road number #5900 and #5901 by The Milwaukee Road, called "Bulldog" due to its brutal appearance. This locomotive had short 3-axled truck frames like the Alco RSC-2 despite the stretched body shell.

Regards,

Johannis

• Hi again,

Too much spare time and too little modeling ideas...or vice versa.

Here is the short 4-axled A-unit of a Baldwin DR-4-4-1500, the so called "Babyface" for New Jersey Central.

Soon will be also the B-unit available in O fine scale (1:48).

For the New York Central and Missouri Pacific need to be done few modifications.

Regards,

Johannis

• Thank you Johannis for this nice thread!

Cheers from Paris

Valery

Merci beaucoup,

Is it possible to open a new separate thread specifically about French trains in Zero?

You could show us few models of Mistral or TGV or Renault automotrice or whatever you have in your collection.

I like the French vintage trains like JEP and Hachette.

Bonjour,

Johannis

• Hi,

My Babyface project continues. Here is displayed a stretched version of the Baldwin A-unit once operated by Chicago And North Western (abbreviated as CNW) with the road number #5000A. I tried to be as accurate as possible with the details to match the original prototype in my history documents archive. The baggage compartment is equipped with sliding doors on both sides. This piece of locomotive model is a rarity in any scale, especially in 1:48.

Regards,

Johannis

• Hi everyone,

This weekend there is a well organized exposition event at Giessen (approx. 45 minutes by regional train from Frankfurt/Main).

Among others are also U.S.-American 2-rail O-scale (1:48) exhibits as depicted on the below uploaded images.

Greetings from Giessen/Germany

Johannis

• Hi everyone,

It's long time I haven't posted anything here, so I figured I drop a short message.

Below you can see a part of my creation with integrated fuel tanks, oil tanks and pressure tanks to be mounted under the frame of a long 6-axled Alco Century C-628. Additional holes can be drilled for the piping. Each railroad had a slightly different variation of tank details, therefore I designed the most usual one. Keep in mind, that Lionel, Williams and MTH made die cast metal frames with integrated tanks, which makes it difficult to separate the tanks from the frame. Probably Weaver and Atlas O models could be easier to modify.

Enjoy your summer holidays,

Johannis

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!