Even before I started with the NS 2100, I was already drawing for the NS 5500. At first I was not able to properly compensate for the 3 fixed wheelsets. This has pushed the project back a bit.
After some tests I used the Hornblocks from Slaters. By grinding off all ribs they could be slid into the frame. The center wheel set, which has the driveunit, has the least play, the coupled wheel the most play.
The locomotive is printed in the Accura Xtreme and the black plastic parts are PA12, the other parts are made of brass.
At this point the locomotive was ready to be painted. The paint scheme is the version of the 50s.
It seemed to be heading in the right direction. However, I accidentally dropped the locomotive from my hands to the ground. This resulted in the front of the locomotive being so damaged, that I didn't had the courage to continue with this anymore.
It took me a month to process this, then I started again. I drew a part that would fit in the broken part. In parallel I ordered a new locomotive because there was a risk that this repair work would not work.
Now I am finishing the locomotives together.
The question now is whether I provide both locomotives with an engine or just one of the two. Initially it was never my intention to build two locomotives.